We (Devon County Council) think and believe this is an exciting opportunity for the city and wider region. I would encourage anyone who is interested and has the same ambition to register to help make this an exciting and truly collaborative bid.
Truly Connected Cities
- Do you have a product or service that makes cities work better?
- Are you ready to see how this works in a truly connected city?
- Are you developing a strategy, project, product or service related to the Internet of Things?
Exeter City Council and its partners are developing a bold strategy to accelerate local innovation. We want to grow Exeter’s economy, safeguard its natural resources, and make life better for residents and businesses, through pioneering technology and innovative use of data. By being at the cutting-edge of technology we can make Exeter an exemplar that shows other cities what is possible when partners collaborate.
Innovate UK have recently launched a competition with £10M of funding available for just such a demonstrator. Funding of 50% to 70% of project costs are available for each commercial partner and we are looking for innovative businesses to collaborate in this Exeter based venture.
We are looking for consortium partners of all sizes (SME’s to large multinationals) with a specialism in any of the following areas:
- Wireless Communications, Wireless Sensor Networks, M2M Communications, Tracking technologies
- Security, middleware, data infrastructure and storage
- User interface, digital, media and data visualisation
- Health monitoring & analytics
- Energy/Smart Grids/BEMS
- Intelligent Mobility
For more information and to register your capabilities and interest, please visit www.exeter-iot.co.uk.
One thought on “Truly Connected Cities – Exeter and the Internet of Things #IoTCities”