This session was split into two parts – the first part was presented via Google and the second a case study in essence by Rentokill Initial about their implementation and migration to Google Apps.
I’m going to post separately on the Rentokill case study.
Adrian Joseph – Managing Director from Google Enterprise EMEA provided an overview of google’s view of Cloud and Innovation
Companies that come to dominate the next 10 years of innovation will be those that are early to embrace online collaborative technologies and these new ways of working
- Enterprise IT and Consumer Technology were up until recently diverged
- Consumer products changing the way we work
- 67% of worlds population have mobile phone
- 40% of iPhone go into the business
- 200,000 android devices activated each day
- Smartphones will out number pc’s and laptops by 2012
- World mapping
- Real-time translation
- Voice to text
- Mobile navigation
- Voice search will be one to watch