UPDATED JULY 2012 – Revised guidance is available here on Re:WorkDigital
Section Three: Key things to consider before getting involved and useful contacts
Checklist of key things to consider:
- Do you understand and have the resources available to undertake your activity and to maintain an effective presence in your chosen social media site?
- Can you demonstrate a real business need to undertake this activity? Which business objectives are you contributing to?
- What are you hoping to achieve?
- How are you going to evaluate / assess this activity and its success?
- Do you have buy-in / agreement?
- Have you undertaken a risk assessment for this activity?
- Have you taken into account equality and accessibility issues when undertaking this activity?
NB: i am not publishing the key contacts information but will say it is simply a list of teams who are able to assist with social media ranging from Corporate Communications, Corporate Web Team, Marketing and the Press Office.
4 thoughts on “Social Media Guidance – Section Three: Key things to consider before getting involved and useful contacts”
I am seeking permission to use some of your information in a presentation I am doing in March 2012.
Sure, what information exactly?
Facilitating a social media strategy…good stuff 🙂
Yes of course, no problems…