- Work in Local Government?
- Interested in the social web?
- Have a desire to learn and explore what social media can do to transform what you do?
- Prepared to give up a Saturday?
- Available in June this year
- Can get to Birmingham?
If you answered yes to one or more of these then read on….
This years must attend event has been announced –LocalGovBarcamp will be taking place In June later this year.
To keep up-to-date with all the planning, confirmation of location, dates etc then follow the blog – You can even get involved in helping to make it happen.
The blog makes it clear that these events are volunteer led and requires time, effort and sponsorship – the website states:
Organising the event is a volunteer effort, and there are a number of things to sort out:
- A logo
- Sponsors (for food, refreshments, t-shirts, other goodies)
- Ideas for sessions to run on the day
- Publicising the event to make sure people come
- Getting people to do fun stuff around the event: tweeting, blogging, videoing, taking photos and stuff
Please do let me know if you are keen to come, get involved or what-have-you. You can do that by leaving a comment on this blog, or by emailing email@example.com.
You can help make this years must attend event the best, get involved and or encourage others to get involved.